Back to Home Page

Two lighthouses in South Baymouth were built in 1898 a year after the Booth Fisheries started fishing out of South Baymouth. Originally the lights were tended twice daily, and a manual fog horn was used as needed. Later the lights and fog horn were automated. With the many sport fishermen and recreational boaters travelling Lake Huron, the blast of the horn has helped many people return safely to land during bad weather.