- VIEW OF SOUTH BAY: This long narrow bay provides opportunities
for sport fishing, boatng iand swimming
B - FERRY DOCK: The 3rd dock usded for Ferry Service. It was built in 1974 to accommodate the new ship, Chi-Cheemaun.
C - VIEW OF RESERVE: The large peninsula is Wikweminkong, Unceded Indian Reserve, home for the Anishnabec (Ojibwe, Odawa and Potawatomi) people. A colourful, cultural POW WOW takes place in Wikwemikong during the August Civic Holiday weekend.
D - FERRY TERMINAL: Inside the terminal building is a tourist information booth, publish washrooms and the ONTC offices. An addition to the main structure, completed in 1996, houses the village's water treatment plant.
E -LITTLE HARBOUR MARINA: This modern marina has over 70 boat slips and facilities which include fuel pumps, boat pump-out, electrical hook-ups, launching ramp, bathrooms and showers, and a laundromat. Also available are chartered fishing boats.
F - BOARDWALK: This winding boardwalk takes one beside a wetland where frogs, ducks, minnows and other aquatic life may be obsverved. Follow it around the Marina and observe the many small activities happening. Take the bridge across a narrow channel to a small island where one will find the lighthouse and a gazebo. From the observation deck enjoy a panoramic view of Lake Huron and watch the Chi-Cheemaun come in.
G - LIGHTHOUSES: These two lighthouses were built in 1898 a year aftr the Booth Fisheries started fishing out of South Baymouth. Originally the lights were tended twice daily, and a manual fog horn was used as needed. Later the lights and fog horn were automated. With the many sport fishermen and the recreational boaters travelling Lake Huron, the blast of the horn has helped many people return safely to land during bad weather.
H - VIEW OF LAKE HURON: The natural resources of the lake provided a livelihood for the people of this early fishing port. However, many fishermen lost their lives during fierce storms which caused boats to be wrecked on the treacherous shoals around South Baymouth.
I - LITTLE SCHOOLHOUSE & MUSEUM: In 1891, fishing families built their first public building, a union church, which became a school in 1898. The "Little Schoolhouse" is Manitoulin's first designated Heritage building, and still stands on its original site. Inside, the Schoolhouse helps you relive bygone school days. The nearby museum displays artifacts from the community's early days as a fishing port. The complex also houses a display depicting activities at the former lake Huron Fisheries' Research Station.
J - ST. ANDREWS BY THE SEA UNITED CHURCH
K - ST. JOHN'S ANGLICAN CHURCH
L - BOWERMAN'S GARDEN: We are pleased with our garden, and if you come at a convenient time for use, we would be happy to give you a free tour.
M - JOHN BUDD MEMORIAL PARK: Named in honour of an early fish researcher, this public park is open for recreational activities. Campsites, some with hydro water and septic hookups, are available for a fee.
N - PUBLIC BEACH - A safe sandy beach, children's play area, gazebo, weashrooms and picnic tables welcome families.